My CarsI like cars. I like Toy Cars Real cars, reading about cars, driving cars, you could say I'm a car nut. Except...
My Car history reads like one of the 'losers' on Top Gears 'Star in a reasonably priced car' slot:
- 1975 Land Rover Series III 88" Hard Top. 2.25L Petrol. Blue.
- 1987 Volvo 240 GLE Estate. 2.4L Petrol. Silver.
- 1998 Renault Laguna. 1.8L 18v Petrol. Red.
- 1973 Land Rover Series III 88" Van. 2.5L Diesel. Green. - Still owned
- 1995 Land Rover Discovery. 2.5L Diesel. Blue.
- 1997 Volvo S70 SE. 2.5L 20v Petrol. White. Not quite the T5.
- 1999 Honda Civic S. 1.4L Petrol. Red. Awful. Written off.
- 1997 Saab 9000 2.3L Anniversary. Silver. Briefly borrowed from my brother.
- 2001 Scoda Octavia 1.9TDi Elegance. Green. :) :) :)
You will have probably guessed from the odd clue elsewhere that I also like Rileys. I own a 1934 Riley 9 Kestrel, or at least I think I own all of the parts that make the car. Give me another 20-odd years and it might even move under it's own power once more!
From the list above, you might also spot my tendency towards owning Land Rovers. I have even taken them off-road a little, and enjoyed it.
Favourite CarsThe car I would most like to own in all the world is the Jaguar XJ5.3C, from the mid 1970's. In case you have never seen one (I've only seen 2 in the flesh), It is a classic XJ on the short wheel-base, with just two pillarless doors. A stunning machine which is incredibly rare with the V12 engine thanks to the oil crisis.
Other favourite models for my dream garage:
- Jaguar MkII
- Land Rovers - of all shapes and sizes!
- MG MGB GT V8 (Chrome Bumper).
- Range Rover SI 2-door.
- Riley RMF.
- Riley 16/4 Kestrel.